Princeton Refine Best Interlocked Bristle Long Handle Brush
Refine Best Interlocked Bristle Long Handle Brush
Long handled interlocked-bristle brushes with flagged tips (split ends) to control and hold more color, the Refine brush line combines quality, value, and variety in shapes and sizes to meet the creative needs of all oil and acrylic painters.
- Angular Bright/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Brights: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Egberts: The Classic Egbert is a filbert with extra-long hair. This is a more traditional brush used by the Old Masters, typically for oil painting.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.